My client is looking for electrical engineers with the ability to sometimes install, service and repair EV charging points across Coventry and adjacent areas/towns, as required. The public will sometimes also want to talk to you about EVs and EV charging, and occasionally our customers see you and want to engage about their char.gy and EV experience. You will also support our Sales team with pre-sales surveys and estimating costs for on-street and off-street installations. Regardless of your previous electrical experience, if you want to help move the world to green energy, char.gy wants to hear from you. My client a fast-growing business and our dynamic and innovative culture reflects this.
The role will be mainly remote as this saves on commuting and gives us a calm space to work, but sometimes we like to meet face to face. You should expect to travel into the office in London approximately once a month or whenever the requirement arises. My client has a workshop in Coventry, which is also available to work from. If based from home, ideally you will have some storage space at home for spare components. Initially, a mileage allowance will be paid on your own car after which time a company van will be made available for your use; you must remove your tools from your van at night. You will work a 37.5 hour week, with time-in-lieu granted for those times when it makes sense to complete a job whilst on-site. Rarely, we may ask you to attend to an emergency issue nearby outside of office hours (e.g. a locked cable or charge-point knocked over).
- Attend to all my client charge points in your area, and support adjoining regions when required
- Install, test and commission new charge points
- Upgrade/retroﬁt existing charge points
- Carry out planned and reactive maintenance
- Conduct 1st and 2nd-line repairs in the ﬁeld, keeping our charge-points operational and clean for our customers’ reliable and ease of use
- Be familiar with driving and recharging EVs, to the point that you’ll be a useful source of information (esp. real and perceived challenges) for members of the public who are likely to ask you questions when out in the ﬁeld
- Whilst having a plan of work, be ﬂexible to respond to critical/ emergency situations at very short notice.
- Support the Sales team within your area with pre-sales survey activities, system design and costing, and occasionally installation, test and certiﬁcation itself.
- Report to my client’s Field Services Manager.
- Are a qualiﬁed electrician with 3 years post qualiﬁcation experience
- Have on-street lighting/highways experience and are G39 certiﬁed (highly desirable)
- Diagnose operational issues by investigating charge-point components, PLC operation and logging in to network portals from the ﬁeld.
- Complete routine operational reports and documentation reliably and in a timely manner
- Are able to use hand and power tools to install charge-points on lamp columns and oﬀ-street settings
- Have an interest in electro-mechanical and PLC systems required to be able diagnose faults in the ﬁeld
- Are computer literate to able to use online portals and computer (Apple MacBook) and smartphone (Apple iPhone) tools
- Are self-managing, highly motivated and great in front of customers
- An ability to use hand and power tools to install charge-points on lamp columns and oﬀ-street settings
- An ability to diagnose operational issues by investigating charge-point components, PLC operation and logging in to network portals from the ﬁeld
- That they are self-managing and motivated
- A willingness to engage with both the public and our customers, explaining the beneﬁts and ease of EV driving and using our CP network
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further information